Nice features in NAV 2016 Table i.e One can specify the Table type
Earlier version we are using property called ‘LinkedObject’ to link the external table/view.
In New version we have property Table type which contains three different type as follows called ExternalSql’ wherein one can specify table/view from sql server that is not in MS Dynamics NAV DB
- Normal :- Specified the table as normal table . This is default value whenever you create table in NAV
- CRM:- Integration table for integrating NAV with Microsoft dynamics CRM
- ExternalSQL:- Specify the table/view in sql server which is not in NAV database.
When one select ‘ExternalSQL’ two other properties will enable automatically
1) ExternalName :- specify the name of external table from database
2) External Schema :- Specify the database schema.
You can look at How to register External Tables