I hope you already started working with Visual studio code.
In this section we will see how to do setting for User and workspace in Visual Studio code environment.
It is easy to configure visual studio code as per your likings using various settings. You can change VS code editor ,user interface and functioning by using this settings
There are three ways you can open user and workspace settings
- To access you can go to Click on File–>Preferences–>Settings
2) Using Command Palette(Ctrl+Shift+P) by typing
Preferences: Open User Settings or Preferences : Open Workspace Settings
3) Use keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+,)
This provides two different settings
- User Settings – Settings that apply globally to any instance of VS Code you open.
- Workspace Settings – Settings stored inside your workspace and only apply when the workspace is opened.
Workspace settings override user settings.
How to create user settings
Once you open settings then you can modify settings as below
Example. If I want to change font size in editor then I can do it from here
Change the font size and see the effect on editor.
It shows the effect immediately after saving the file.
Same kind of settings you can do it for AL language extension management
These changes get saved in %APPDATA%\Code\User\settings.json
Hope this will help you while extension development
Stay tuned for more…