This is really interesting feature introduced in NAV 2017 as Notifications in UI.
NAV 2017 comes up smarter way to send notifications to the UI in Web Client .This will provide notifications to the user about what is happening in transactions.
This will helpful during
1) Shortage on Inventory
2) Customer Balance is negative
3) Customer credit limit exceeded
and many more…….
In the development environment, you create notifications in C/AL by using the newNotification and NotificationScope data types and the following functions.
MESSAGE specifies the content of the notification that appears in the UI
- SCOPE specifies the scope in which the notification appears, which can be LocalScope or GlobalScope.
- SEND sends the notification to be displayed by the client.
- ADDACTION adds an action on the notification.
- SETDATA and GETDATA set and retrieve a data property value for the notification, which is typically needed when actions are invoked.
All the notifications will fire after the validations errors.
This is one of the new improvement in Financial management -Chart of Account
Now one can define categories and subcategories in chart of account itself . This feature is useful for reporting purpose as well as categorization of ledgers.
Straight from MS :
We have added account categories and sub categories so you can group general ledger accounts to fit your need for financial reporting. For each G/L account, you can specify the account category so that ledger entries posted to this account are categorized as assets or liabilities, for example., or an income or an expense, and so on.
For each account category, you can choose between different sub-categories. You can also create new sub-categories to fit your need. For example, for the G/L account category Income, you can define as many sub-categories as you need so that you can differentiate between income from services and income from product sales.
I loved this feature as in initial version we have to add these as custom field and prepare reporting based on the same ( Specially in Indian version)
Today I was just roaming around partner source and found that Microsoft has released features list for NAV 2017 beta version
Really coming up with some new features
1) More support of OCR for incoming documents
2) Item Attributes
3) Improved cancellation of Sales & Purchase documents
4) More improvements on functional areas like JOBS,CRM,Finance
5) Smart Notifications on UI
6) Improved extensions
7) Application are tagging
You can download the feature list from https://mbs.microsoft.com/Files/partner/NAV/Readiness_Training/ReadinessTrainingNews/WhatsNewDynamicsNAV2017LimitedBeta.pdf
Cumulative Update 9 includes all application and platform hotfixes and regulatory features that have been released for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016
Where to find Cumulative Update 9
You can download the cumulative update from KB 3172549 – Cumulative Update 9 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 (Build 46290).
Yesterday Microsoft Announces general availability of NAV 2016 and all the speculations goes that ‘When MS will release 2016 ?’ Even though I was waiting for this major release to be announced as few of my customer was asking almost on daily basis when we will upgraded to NAV 2016
NAV 2016 comes with bunch of powerful features and it is one of the major release of NAV.
Some of Key Features
1) New Phone client which enables working on mobile .Almost every platform i.e IOS,Windows,Android
2) Pre-Built Microsoft Power BI data connections i.e. native
3) Native Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
4) Availability with new cloud option to deploy MS Dynamics NAV on MS Azure SQL Database
5) Document Management, Workflow and OCR
You can download from following link
This file will help to configure the Jet Reports for Navision