As we are gearing up for new release of business central and already the buzz is started for new version . Here I will list few upcoming features which I am looking forward in new version.
By writing this I feel that clock is running faster and till the time we are utilizing the features of Wave 1 2020 more new features are planned and about to release in upcoming version Wave 2 2020.
There are plenty of features are planned for Wave 2 2020 but will list here what are the features I am looking for.
- Database access intent changed to read-only for frequently used reports As business required faster access to the information so to speed up default database access change to Read-only.
- Notify users of high-risk changes in selected setup fields :- This features means we can make list of fields from master table and get notified when someone changes.
- Business Central in Microsoft Teams :-Integrate Microsoft team with Business Central.
- Page Inspector supports temporary tables :- With this update, the inspection pane now displays valuable record information also for pages that are implemented to use temporary tables. Information about the current record is displayed in a consistent way and is not different from inspecting pages that use physical source tables.
- Data audit system fields are added to every table :- Four New Field will be added in every tables to track the transactions log.
- Attach to user session when debugging in sandbox :-Currently, when you debug with the Visual Studio Code AL debugger, you cannot attach to a user session, making it much harder to troubleshoot issues that are dependent on users and user permissions. This feature enables attaching to an active user session on the sandbox.
- Debug extension installation and upgrade code :- It is currently not possible to debug extension install or upgrade code by just adding breakpoints and deploying a new application. Instead, some workaround is required to manually trigger the install and upgrade code, possibly commenting out upgrade tags and so on, making it tedious to properly test install and upgrade during development, as well as to troubleshoot issues.
For More information on Planned features please check this link
Hope this will help you
Stay tuned for more updates.