Have you guys remember my tweet regarding the restoration of environment .Following is the tweet
If you still not follow me on then please follow me on twitter for more updates
So in month of November 2020 I faced this problem as due to some issue production environment got hanged and user abruptly close the session .Post that data in some tables got messy and couldn’t recover in time and then I need to contact MS guys to restore environment which took almost a week and till that time customer transaction got halted. That time question came to my mind how customer will handle all these things by going forward and MS guy responded me that time that this feature is going to added in Admin center in upcoming release.
Now with released of Business central 17.3 this feature become reality .It is still in preview mode.
Lets look at how to restore the environment
To restore environment you need to have access to admin center.
- Go to Admin center.
- Select Environment
3. Click on Restore
4. In the restore environment window select date and time to which you want to restore the environment.
5. Select the type of environment such as sandbox or production.
6. Finally Name for restored environment.
7. Hit the restore
- Backups are available for past 30 days
- The number of restore attempts will be limited to 10 attempts per environment/per month.
- The recovery is allowed within a maximum of three immediately preceding versions of Business Central (including minor and major updates), but still within a maximum of 30 days (from the point of the environment creation)
Hope this will help you.
Stay tune for more.