With the release of Business Central 2020 Wave 1 lot of new features has been added to make product more prominent.
Though this concept of ENUM was introduced earlier but from new version onwards most of the option fields are available as extensible enum such as follows
If define enum is extensible then we can add more option values in that field.
How to add the new option value in existing enum field.
First create extension for enum as below
To check the value just added one action button as below
To check the output publish the app and check
Select the document type and check the result as follows
Hope this help you…
Stay tuned for more..
With the release of Business Central 2020 Wave 1 and AL extension lot of new features has been added to make AL development more productive.
A core part of extension-based development is the use of events and event subscribers. Use the new Shift+Alt+E shortcut in the AL code editor to invoke a list of all events.
Hope this will help you
Stay tuned for more.
With the release of Business Central 2020 Wave 1 and AL extension new codecops added for more information and making your app more prominent
AA0215 – Checking file naming
This checks file name as per new guidelines and shows warning as below
Following are the new guidelines for this warning
|Object Name||File Name|
|Codeunit 50000 “Post Bank Details”||PostBankDetails.Codeunit.al|
|Page 50000 “Customer Card Ext”||CustomerCard.PageExt.al|
To Get this done automatically use Waldo’ CRS extension
AA0218,AA0219,AA0218 – Missing and Wrong ToolTips
This will show warning for missing Tooltips as below
AA0470- Comments in Labels
Placeholders should have a comment explaining their content.Provide an explanation that describes the content of each of the placeholders.
To fix this Adding the comment
There are more code analyzer added and you can find this from following link
Stay tuned for more ….
MS released the major version of business central Wave 1 2020 on 1st April 2020
You can download the on-premise from following URL
Few Links to follow
Download BC 2020 Wave 1
What’s New and Planned for business Central
Features Not Implemented On-Premise
AL Language extension update
Stay Tuned for more updates.
This blog explains how to customize the base app of business central (old fashion) .
Please Don’t customize the base app, Use extension wherever possible
Step 1 :- Copy Base Application from installer
Step 2 :- Unzip in designated folder .This contains app.json file where in target set to onprem
app.json will look like this
Step 3 :- Download the symbols
Step 4:- Add the following in either user settings/workspace settings . This is required for .NET DLL used in application
Step 5 :- Unpublish the base application and dependencies or else you will get an error stating that extension already deployed on tenant
Use following PowerShell command
Unpublish-NavApp -Name “Base Application” -ServerInstance BC150
Step 6:- Import license file and publish the modified app.
Hope this will help you.
With the new version of business central wave 2 ,number of fields have been deprecated or obsolete
1) Fields moved to an extension by Microsoft
2) Fields marked as Obsolete:Pending
3) Fields no longer in use in Microsoft code
Impact of this is to refactor your solution as soon as possible
For more information of which field get deprecated visit this link Deprecated Fields
Hope this will help you…
While Directions Asia 2019 getting wrap up we have spring release of Business Central available to download
You can download from following links
Microsoft Business Central Spring 2019 Release
Lets try and blog about new features
Here are steps to upgrade to Business central .This is old way that is merging the objects into standard objects . Anyway not recommended to do this and it is better to create extension and publish it
Listed here some of the steps to upgrade business central from NAV 2018
- Merge all customization of old database to business central on-premises. Merging can be done using PowerShell(recommended) or manually (not recommend)
- Rectify all the errors and keep the object ready for upgrade.
- Take full SQL backup of old database.
- Install the Business Central from DVD.
- Uninstall allthe existing extensions from old database.
- Upload business central partner license into the old database.
- Delete all object except tables from old database.
- Clear all server instance and debugger breakpoints records from the old database.
- Make sure user with whom upgrade is carried out should have privileges of DB_Owner in Sql.
- Open business central development environment as an Administrator.
- Open the old database in Business central, which will ask for convert.
- Skip the schema synchronization at this point of upgrade.
- Import the upgraded objects on converted database in business central with selection of Replace All.
- Skip the schema synchronization at this point of upgrade.
- Import appropriate upgrade code unit from product DVD.
- Connect new database to appropriate NAV service.
- Increase SQL command time out to maximum number.
- Compile all objects with schema synchronization.
- Execute data upgrade process and import permission set.
- Make pages searchable by using ‘Build object search Index’ option from developer environment.
- Remove all unwanted objects
- Get Ready to face customer queries from new database
NAV TechDays is the name of a conference, organized by mibuso.com. This conference meant technical only and highly relevant – sessions, related NAV and Business Central.
NAV TechDays is the place where some of the best developers and MVP’s exchange ideas and provides more insight of NAV world (oops Business Central)
Few of the session which I think more useful for everybody which listed here on my blog and you can visit them
Practical approaches for upgrading your NAV database and moving to extensions
The future for developers and consultants
Performance: Business Central reloaded for the Cloud
What’s new in Developing for Business Central
Evolution of a titan: a look at the development of NAV from an MVP angle
Business Central: The new face of the client
Crazy mix of integrations: Dynamics 365 Business Central and Azure services
Hope you guys will find it useful