So with new year major version of business central is about to release and in context of that Microsoft released preview version of business central 2022 Wave 1 (BC 20). This preview version only possible to create for Sandbox and non production environment.
How to get this preview environment to get the hands on the new release
On the cloud version of business central one can create Sandbox as below for preview version
This preview version available on docker also.
For Docket Artifacts user following PowerShell command.
This week one of the customer post few transaction and found that one of the field user enter some wrong information. In ideal situation user need to reverse the transaction and post correct transaction which is safest approach.
But do you remember those old days where we have access to the table and can modify the data but with business central this ability no more available . I just build one small extension to modify the data in the table where in we can modify the posted data .
Important: It is not recommended to change data in the tables directly as it will cause inconsistency in database and make database vulnerable.
Just check following video to check small amount of work I did.
With the release of Business Central Wave 1 2020 new feature added to delete the extension data from production or sandbox. Prior to that we can uninstall the extension but data still there for the extension.
This feature will be useful when
1) Application is not in use.
2) Customer have desire to reinstall the extension data from scratch.
Let see how to uninstall and delete the extension data.
1) Launch the business central and search for extension management.
2) Select the required extension for uninstall. In this you can see new option added for delete extension data .
3) After selecting the option then you will get following warning message.
4) After click ‘YES’ then you can see ‘Delete Extension Data’ will get enable as follows
5) After that you can click on Uninstall then system will again warn before starting deleting data from extension.
6) If you are sure then click ‘YES’ and it will start processing to delete the data. This can not be undone.
Looking at the subject there are lot of blogs available but I am writing this based on one of the request from my colleague.
Everybody aware of that whenever you developed an app it need to be extensible and if anybody would like to add or modify any field or additional routing we need to have events which can extend the base functionality.
Step 1 :- Simple Quick action to add event in Business Central
Next step will be we can subscribe the event and add you own code.
It is so simple to add custom event in AL and allow other to extend your functionality.