With the release of Business Central Wave 1 2020 new feature added to copy the general journal to posted general journal.
As you aware that whenever you post the journal entry the entries get deleted after posted the transaction. Now whenever accountant need to reverse the entries then they need to enter the same entries again with opposite sign.
With this new version of business central new feature is added to copy the general journal to posted general journal. This feature is enabled based on setup. This setup is enable on Gen Journal Templates so we have leverage to enable this setup on required templates.
- Search for Gen Journal Templates
Enable the field Copy to Posted Jnl Lines. for required template. Once it is enabled on template then it will be applicable for all batches under that template.
2. Go to Journal screen and enter the required details to post journal entry and post it.
3. After posting search for Posted general journal
On this screen you will find two options
- Copy Selected Lines to Journal :-This function to create a copy of a general journal line or a batch with opposite signs (a reversing journal), a different posting date or document number.
The result will be as follows
2. Copy G/L Register to Journal :- This function will copy all journal lines that belong to selected G/L Register to target General Journal.
This will help when working with journals and we need to have easy way to correct the mistake happen in single entry. This will make accountant more productive.
Hope this will help you. Personally I like this feature
Stay tuned for more updates.
Connect Me on